Trying to find a Boston baby photographer? Here are some questions you should be asking to find a photographer who’ll be the best fit for you and your family!
1. What type of posing do you specialize in?
As a Boston baby photographer, I can tell you that newborn photography is not one-size-fits-all. Some photographers focus on baby-only, and have a more posed look, often incorporating props and backdrops. Others include mom, dad and siblings and create more organic-looking portraits. This is important information to have when deciding on a photographer. Curious what I do?
- I specialize in natural, minimal newborn posing. This means that I follow baby’s cues during our session putting their comfort and safety above everything else. I believe in preserving the newborn phase in a way that highlights love and connection. Instead of props and bold colors, I opt for a more classic look; you’ll see lots of soft colors, neutral wraps, textured blankets and simple onesies in my portfolio.
2. What kind of images can I expect?
What does a typical gallery from this photographer look like? Ask to see one (or multiple!) from the photographers you’ve inquired with. Any professional photographer will welcome the opportunity to share a full gallery. Can you see yourself and your family in those kind of images? Does the editing style match your vision for portraits? This is a huge deciding factor and should inform your decision to work with a photographer or move on to find a better fit. Here’s what you would receive from me:
- I photograph babies and families in a modern, simplistic style; creating timeless portraits filled with love and connection. You won’t find any props, bold colors or busy backdrops in my portfolio. Instead, you’ll see lots of simple wraps and onesies, textured blankets and a soft color palette that allows your family to be the focus of your images. My newborn galleries feature a combination of baby-only images, organic family portraits, and sweet detail shots like this one.
3. When, where and how long will our session be?
Okay, so I guess this is three questions in one 🙂 But it’s helpful to know what a Boston newborn photographer’s schedule looks like, where they photograph and what their workflow looks like. Do they only shoot on weekdays? Do they have a studio space? Will they come to your home? What does a typical session workflow look like and how long does a newborn session with them last. All of these things will give you a better sense of how a photographer operates and what you can expect from them. Here are my answers to these questions.
- When: I see most families when baby is between 2-4 weeks old.
- Where: My primary studio is located in Grafton, MA. I also have access to studios in downtown Boston and Newburyport, MA. For clients who prefer an in-home session, we can arrange that as well.
- Session Length: My workflow is flexible and designed to adapt to baby’s needs; every baby and family is different. The average range for a newborn session is between 1.5-3 hours.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed my “3 Questions to Ask Before Hiring Your Boston Baby Photographer” feature.
Molly Katherine is a newborn photographer serving families in Boston and MetroWest MA. Specializing in organic, connection-filled portraits, Molly provides a full-service experience ideal for busy Boston moms and their modern, on-the-go families. With a curated wardrobe, light-filled studio space and custom heirloom artwork design, Molly is passionate about serving her clients well every step of the way. If you are drawn to soft, simplistic, joy-filled images and are searching for a Boston maternity or newborn photographer, we may be a great fit.
I’d love to connect and share more about my process with you! To reserve your 2023 maternity or newborn portraits, please visit Molly Katherine Photography or reach out directly to email@example.com. Not quite ready, but would like to keep me in mind for the future?
Follow along on Instagram and let’s be friends!
Molly serves Greater Boston, Middlesex and Worcester counties including: Brookline | Belmont | Natick | Needham | Weston | Wellesley | Sherborn | Hopkinton | Westborough | Grafton and beyond
These questions are so helpful! Thanks for the great information!
Oh, what great questions to learn more about your photographer and her work! I loved learning more about you, your style, and your philosophy!